Ulcer can be defined as a medical condition when sores grow up on the lining of our digestive tract. In most of the cases ulcer occurs in the first part of intestine known as duodenum. The second most common organ which gets affected by ulcer is stomach.
Causes Of Ulcer:
Following are the general causes of ulcer –
- Excessive acid and acidic juices burn the lining of the digestive tract and harm stomach and this may lead to develop ulcer.
- Sometimes a particular kind of bacteria known as helicobacter pylori can lead to develop ulcers.
- A person who already has an ulcer may be affected by it even more if he takes much stress.
- Continuous intake of certain drugs like pain killers may also cause ulcers.
Symptoms Of Ulcer:
Some of the symptoms of ulcer are –
- If a person has ulcer he will feel normal while eating or drinking after 1 or 2 hours later he will start to feel uncomfortable
- In some cases when a person has ulcer he feels uneasy while eating or drinking
- Excessive stomach pain at night
- Burning stomach, bloating, heavy feeling
- Unusual and sudden weight loss
Tips To Avoid Ulcer:
As we all know prevention is better than cure we must follow some simple tips to avoid ulcer –
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol and caffeine
- Avoid the consumption of spicy food
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs if not necessary
Signs that indicate that your ulcer is becoming severe:
- Coming of blood while vomiting
- Vomiting food that was taken hours or even days ago
- Feeling weak
- Feeling sleepy
- Sudden pain
- Losing weight usually
- Pain in back
- Failure of medicines to fight the pain